Thursday, November 24, 2005

"My Secret Los Angeles"

Andy Bowers at Slate.com wrote about his new way of life in L.A. The story gives a romantic and promising outlook on a different way of commuting in this city - by biking. A few months into his "absurd" experiment, he is still loving it. "I'll just enjoy my secret Los Angeles secretly, feeling my blood pressure fall as I sail past all the six-cylinder, leather-upholstered pressure cookers around me."

To add to his sentiments, biking, and walking for that matter, allows you to discover more about the city. Today, I decided to walk to dinner. I started my journey at Woodman and head west on Ventura to Beverly Glen. About a mile total. I did not make it to the gym today, so this was nice. On my walk, I discovered four new restaurants that I had never seen before. I also saw about twenty salon's. That's discovery at its best - The Valley Coiffure District.

Recent Bike Posts:

1 comment:

Steven Rosenberg said...

When I was a kid, I used to bike all over the East Valley -- North Hollywood, Van Nuys, Sherman Oaks, Studio City -- and you do see more and get to know things better than from the inside of a car.