Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Goodbye In-N-Out Burger!!!

At some point, I'll have to share my story about my encounter with In-n-Out customer service about a dispute over the definition of a Veggie Burger, but the Sherman Oaks news is that In-n-Out Burger at Moorpark and Van Nuys Blvd is going away.

When I say going away, I mean it's probably going away, like in that 99.9% chance of going away. Last night at the Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Council, the Watergardens Project, a proposed mix-use pedestrian oriented development of some sort on the In-n-Out strip mall, took another step in being approved through the city structure.

Bye In-n-Out Burger! Many will miss you!

7 comments:

Andrew said...

I would mourn the loss of In & Out, but I'd welcome an upgrade of the current garbage that occupies the adjoining mall area.

Wrecktum said...

Pineapple Hill burgers kick the ass of the overrated In n Out. Is Pineapple Hill on the choppipng block too??

LA City Nerd said...

Actually, my understanding of the Watergarden project is that it is on the eastern portion of the property that includes In-N-Out and Pineapple Hill. Maybe the land-use chair of the NC can clarify, but I understood this to be the development of the surface parking lot east of the existing buildings.

Zach Behrens said...

When the developer made the presentation, In-n-Out was on the fritz. Then I pulled him aside after and asked to make sure where he said "they'll try to keep it." Then I heard from the actual owner, who said it will go if the project is approved.

Valley Val said...

There's another In-N-Out up Van Nuys Blvd., but I will still miss zooming off (and right back on, no prob) the 101 in my New Beetle, picking up some of them hot spuds with the skins still on and a vanilla malt after a day mountain biking around Lake Balboa...sob

Jonny said...

They're actually taking away an In-N-Out?? Oh, the horror!

alanna said...

do share.