- The LAPD reported while Sherman Oaks is statistically lower than other neighbourhoods in the Van Nuys Station district, the nice houses in the hills are being hit because people feel safe to leave their garage doors open. Also, 24 Hour Fitness' locker room has been a repeat target.
- Looks like a Renters Rights committee will be formed to help bridge the gap between tenants and their landlords. Sherman Oaks has a population of 58,000. Just about half of those are renters.
- Other new committees for SONC are the Beautification Committee and an Education/School based one.
- SONC will look more official on paper now with the by-laws changed to be consistent with the nomenclature of the L.A. City Council
- The Department of Neighborhood Empowerment will be getting a few more Project Coordinators in order to lessen the amount of Neighbourhood Councils they represent.
- Sherman Oaks Castle Park, a city run recreational facility, will be renewing the contracts and going out to bid for the various functions of the park. Supposedly, the current vendors (arcade, mini golf, etc) are getting a little "snotty."
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Dec. SONC Meeting
Interesting notes from Monday night's Sherman Oaks Neighbourhood Council (SONC) Meeting:
Posted by Zach Behrens at 11:41 AM