Monday, December 12, 2005

405 Construction News

From the Parking, Traffic, and Transportation Committee of the Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Council:

Caltrans has announced the following closures nightly beginning Sunday, December 11 through Thursday, December 15:
  • 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., the northbound Ventura Freeway (U.S. 101)connector to the northbound San Diego Freeway (I-405)

  • 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., the northbound I-405 Burbank Boulevard off-ramp

  • 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., the southbound I-405 Ventura Boulevard on-ramp

  • 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., up to two lanes of southbound I-405 from U.S. 101
    to Sepulveda Boulevard
The $46 million project, started in April 2005, extends the auxiliary lane on northbound I-405, closes the loop on-ramp from eastbound Ventura Boulevard and reconfigures the Sepulveda Boulevard on-ramp to provide improved connections to U.S. 101 and I-405.

The next project milestone will be the re-opening of the
Sepulveda/Greenleaf on-ramp to the U.S. 101 connector, expected in summer 2006. The Sepulveda/Greenleaf on-ramp to northbound I-405 is estimated to open in spring 2007, with project completion anticipated for summer 2007. It may still be closed at night, from 9p to 6a, for at least a few more weeks.

This project is one of a series of improvements at the U.S. 101/I-405 Interchange. When completed in 2007, aside from the onramp/offramp improvements, it will provide a continuous HOV lane on southbound I-405 from the San Fernando Valley to Los Angeles International Airport.

No comments: