Sunday, March 25, 2007

An interesting look at Sherman Oaks

A lot of people seem to find me as an elected Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Council rep through this blog and e-mail me at my Non-NC address.

Brother Zach:

I live in SO with my wife and soon to be baby. Hey, what's up with all the street peddlers man? People selling Spider-Man blow up dolls, corn on the cob from hand-pushed carts, flowers, teddy bears, etc.

I know you are on the SONC and I emailed them about this matter too. Give people an inch and, next thing you know, SO will look like a refugee camp. Sincerity and hard work for an honest buck aside, we gotz laws man! If I wanted to live in Van Nuys, I'd move a few streets over! You want SO to look like Van Nuys?

Time to bring down the hammer of justice.

-[name redacted]

I feel like I live in a different Sherman Oaks than this resident (unless this is all specifically about Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks Park). So I shall hunt down more details.

2 comments:

Stupendo said...

The author is correct. Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks Park is overrun with these guys on the weekend. This only serves to exacerbate the already troublesome litter problem. Shouldn't these vendors be licensed and have to display a Health Dept. letter grade just like every legitimate food seller?

rednikki said...

I live next to the park and see those peddlers as well. Unlike the other commenters, I don't have a problem with it. I walk by them every day. They're not messing up my life. What's the big deal?