Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Coldwater Canyon: Jay Leno's City Raceway


I had a meeting in Culver City that ended at 6:00 p.m. I was not too hip on being in rush hour 405 traffic back to the Valley, so I decided to side street it back up to Sherman Oaks via Robertson - Santa Monica - Doheny - Sunset - Rexford - Beverly Dr. - Coldwater Cyn. Dr, which turns into Coldwater Cyn. Ave after Mulholland.

Yeah, I know, it's a convoluted route. Scenic, nonetheless.

And who do I see, as usual, on Coldwater Canyon? Jay Leno. This time sporting something that looks like his tank car. I've come to the conclusion that he owns this street since he is always driving up and down, to and from work, showing off his fancy ass cars. I've even seen him race down it at 2 a.m. after my friend's driving skills one night scarred him off.

Photo: OneSecondFilm via Flickr. (side note: I was there for all of the movie's shenanigans over at CalArts and even witnessed the world premiere)

No comments: